The summer blow to our door earlier this year, we have May and the sun is shining giving warmth and positive energy. Living in The Hague definitely has its advantage due to closeness to Scheveningen beach and recently discovered (by me) Clingendael Park with its Japanese Garden (wonderful place to meditate, reconnect with yourself and to release the stress within your life – especially when you are in the middle of job search).
Weather is so wonderful that such a little thing like searching for a job may seems irrelevant.
That is why, I was truly surprise that even though the temperature invited us more to be sipping mojito on the beach, some ladies decided to take their life seriously and make the first step toward changing their life and automatically their career.
Sociable though professional support meeting with people from France and UK. We have started with our stories what brought us to the ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ support meeting.
It is strange, yet each time I hear the story of a new person, in some special way I am able to connected and relate to his/her tale. It also seems as others have the same reflection after hearing stories of others.
Even I am a coach, each time I facilitate the meeting I learn tremendously. Probably this is why I enjoy coaching and group sessions so much.
7 tips from May ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ support meeting, while you are on the job search journey :
- 1. Write each day ‘’To Do List’’ (it is a first step to learn how to set up long term goals and how to achieve them) and follow it; as it give you a sense of being useful and allow you to check on your time management;
- 2. Do not stress over not receiving the reaction you do expect after sending 10000… of CV’s;
- 3. Try to do few things during the day which are only and absolutely concern your inner being – to relax and release the stress; when you are happy you have more energy and you are more likely to attract better things within your life;
- 4. Enjoy life – enjoy the time you have given as free (without work) – go meet with your friends, go for walk, and do things you did not have time while you were working;
- 5. Exercise – to give you more energy, to give you something else to do, to stay fit.
- 6. Do not be afraid asking for a help; you think you are alone but there are others who are in the same / familiar situation; sharing your fears, thoughts and feelings will help you reconnect with others and most important with yourself. It will allow you to be yourself.
- 7. Join ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ support meeting.
See you at the next ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ support meeting – for upcoming dates check the website: www.dreamjobdiva.com.