Last Friday ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ support group have met again after the summer break. It was special as we had 3 unusual guests: 2 little kids, who decided to support their mothers in their journey of searching for a new career path and for the first time we had a man member. I believe that dream job is not only the women privilege, that is why I was happy to welcome our first man to the group.
It was also good to know for myself where the members have heard about the support group, like Connecting Women, ACCESS, LinkedIn and Google search including my website and this blog.
There were also many different reasons, with the main one searching for a job, like attraction of the meeting itself, inspiring name of the group, networking, sharing the same view after reading some of my blog posts.
I am very happy that more and more people are reading the blog and more and more people feel connected to what I have wrote, as this is the main aim for me to create the comfort, safe zone for anybody and everybody who do need a friendly, open minded advise / coaching.
I am also happy to say that one member of the last meeting agreed to run for 15 to 20 minutes ‘’Positive thinking’’ workshop at the following ‘’Connect with your dream job’’ meeting in order to share her passion and knowledge with others as well as trying her way towards her dream job. Therefore, I could say, that the meeting was already successful.
One of the question raised during the meeting was:
Share with the whole group your personal tip while searching for a job – what works for you?
Here are some answers given by the members, which can be useful for you, readers:
1. Attending life networking meetings, don’t be scared or lazy go to talk with people;
2. Make use of LinkedIn – don’t be shy, allow yourself and have a courage to approach people; make connections;
3. Set up your expectations accordingly to your possibilities; be realistic;
4. You and your CV as well as Motivation Letters need to be catchy and stand out from the crowd;
5. People / recruiters do look for personality, for character, for a spark and connection;
6. You do need to be authentic;
7. Sending CV is a passive way to get a job, be more active: follow / investigate the companies, check if you fit there, become a member of a LinkedIn group;
8. Change your attitude;
9. Trust your intuition and follow your heart;
10. Be sure you have some activities outside the job search, to make you happy and to keep you busy;
11. The only way to create the room for something new is to create some space;
12. To get a job, one needs to have good tools, the tools which need to come from the inside / from you, good CV, knowledge of social media etc…
Hope that those tips will be useful to some of you.
In case you have other tips, what makes you successful while searching for a job, we all will be glad to read about it.
Check the website: www.dreamjobdiva.com for upcoming meetings…